In print publications and on the web, the appropriate reference for the institution is UTHealth Houston.
Note: UTHealth Houston has no space between “UT” and “Health.”
For Houston TV broadcasts, UTHealth Houston is preferred for use on Chyrons or supers.
When referencing an individual school or clinical practice, which are part of UTHealth Houston, the reference should be linked to UTHealth Houston. Options include:
- McGovern Medical School at UTHealth Houston
- UT Physicians, the clinical practice of McGovern Medical School at UTHealth Houston
- Cizik School of Nursing at UTHealth Houston
- UTHealth Houston School of Public Health
- McWilliams School of Biomedical Informatics at UTHealth Houston
- UTHealth Houston School of Dentistry
- MD Anderson Cancer Center UTHealth Houston Graduate School of Biomedical Informatics
- UT Dentists, the faculty practice of UTHealth Houston School of Dentistry
- UT Health Services, the primary and occupational health clinic led by Cizik School of Nursing at UTHealth Houston
Co-branding with UTHealth Houston’s primary teaching hospitals
If applicable, in print, please reference both UTHealth Houston and the primary teaching hospital.
- Example: Dr. John Smith, a professor with McGovern Medical School at UTHealth Houston, is an attending physician at Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center
- UTHealth Houston/Memorial Hermann
- UTHealth Houston/Children’s Memorial Hermann
- UTHealth Houston/Harris Health LBJ Hospital
- UTHealth Houston/UT Physicians (research)
- UT Physicians/UTHealth Houston (clinics)
Established in 1972 by The University of Texas System Board of Regents, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth Houston) is Texas’ resource for health care education, innovation, scientific discovery and excellence in patient care. The most comprehensive academic health center in the UT System and the U.S. Gulf Coast region, UTHealth Houston is home to Jane and Robert Cizik School of Nursing, John P. and Kathrine G. McGovern Medical School, D. Bradley McWilliams School of Biomedical Informatics, and schools of biomedical sciences, dentistry, and public health. UTHealth Houston includes the John S. Dunn Behavioral Sciences Center and UTHealth Houston Harris County Psychiatric Center, as well as the growing clinical practices UT Physicians, UT Dentists, and UT Health Services. The university’s primary teaching hospitals are Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center, Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital, and Harris Health Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital. For more information, visit www.uth.edu.
Key contact for: Crisis and Emergency Communications, Reputation/Ethics/Legal, HIPAA/Patient Privacy, School of Public Health El Paso and Brownsville locations, UT Physicians Leadership and Administration, UTHealth Houston Harris County Psychiatric Center and John S. Dunn Behavioral Sciences Center, and Stem Cell Research.
Key contact for: School of Public Health Dallas location, Cardiology and Pediatric Cardiology, Children’s Learning Institute, General Pediatrics, Geriatric and Palliative Care Medicine, OB-GYN/Women’s Health, The Fetal Center, UTHealth Houston Institute on Aging.
Key contact for: School of Public Health Austin location, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, UT Physicians, and UTHealth Houston Neurosciences.
Key contact for: McWilliams School of Biomedical Informatics, School of Public Health San Antonio location, Allergy/Immunology/Rheumatology, Critical Care, Dermatology, Emergency Medicine, Infectious Diseases, Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Surgery, Trauma.
Key contact for: School of Nursing, School of Dentistry, MD Anderson Cancer Center UTHealth Houston Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, School of Public Health Houston location, Adolescent Medicine, Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Diagnostic and Interventional Imaging, Family and Community Medicine, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Gastroenterology, Head and Neck Surgery, Internal Medicine, and Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine.
The UTHealth Houston Media Relations Team is available 24/7 to help journalists develop story ideas, identify the best news sources and arrange interviews on topics including innovative patient care, leading-edge research, and breaking news in health care.