Skip Navigation and Go To Content

International Students

The Board of Regents of The University of Texas System requires all international students holding F and J non-immigrant visas and living in the United States to have coverage for repatriation and medical evacuation while enrolled at component institutions of The University of Texas.  The required health insurance fee assessed by the University includes coverage for repatriation and medical evacuation.  International students with coverage outside of the plan can submit their coverage to AHP   Before registering for classes each term, every student must complete the health insurance certification process through his/her myUTH account. Through this process, students either provide information about their own coverage or confirm their participation in Academic HealthPlans. For students who attest to coverage under another approved plan, the health insurance fee will not be assessed to their student account.

New students who are not U.S. citizens must obtain clearance through appropriate International Affairs office (see below) prior to attempting to register by myUTHStudents on temporary 'F' or 'J' visas must be enrolled full-time or will be considered in violation of visa status.

UTHealth students in Houston:

Office of International Affairs is located at UCT 1.130.
For further information, visit the OIA website.

MD Anderson Cancer Center School of Health Professions students:

Visa and Immigration Services Administration
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
1400 Pressler, Suite 6.5000
Houston, TX 77030
Phone: 713-792-1112