Pay Student Loans
UTHealth contracts with University Accounting Service (UAS) to offer convenient repayment methods for loans administered by UTHealth or, in other words, institutional loans. Contact your lender regarding payment options for Stafford and other loans you've received that are not listed on the Loans at a Glance page. Students, graduates and alumni have the option to pay institutional loans using electronic check (ECHO) or by U.S. mail. UAS also provides loan services to UTHealth students. Contact the Office of Student Financial Services (SFS) for detailed information. Student loan payments are typically due on the 1st of each month.
- Pay using Electronic Check
- Send Payment by Mail
- Important Payment Information
- Temporary Payment Plans
- Review your statement and payments anytime/anywhere
- Receive your bills automatically online and on-time
- Make your payments online and never have to write another check
- Schedule your payments in advance. Never miss a deadline, avoid penalties and damage to your credit rating
- Ensure consistent and timely payments are made
- Payments received before 12 noon post within 24-30 hours; payments received afterward post within 48-72 hours
Login to your account to view your payment history
Complete the UAS Automated Clearing House (ACH) form to to have your payment debited from your bank account automatically using electronic checks and eliminate the worry that comes with making payments on-time. To use the automatic bill-pay option offered by your bank, please contact UAS for instructions; 1-800-999-6227.
- Payments for institutional loans are due on the 1st of each month. Mailed payments can take 5 business days for the payment to reach UAS and an additional 3-5 business days for the payment to process in the UAS system. Therefore it is critical that payments are mailed at the appropriate time to avoid late fees.
- University Accounting Service
PO Box 5291
Carol Stream, IL 60197-5291
Make your check payable to University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. Please include the remittance portion of your billing statement. If you do not have the remittance portion, please write your account number on your check.
- Both payments made online and by mail are due on the 1st day of every month
- Late fees are assessed on payments made after the 15th of the month
- Review your loan’s promissory note to determine fees that apply to late payments. For further details, Contact the SFS department.
- Non-sufficient Funds (NSF) payments are assessed $25 for each returned item
- Loan is delinquent or in default
- Experiencing financial difficulty
In order to setup a temporary repayment plan, it is required that borrowers submit an application to their loan service provider. If you obtained a institutional loan from UTHealth, you must complete the Financial Arrangement Form. For Stafford loans, please contact your loan service provider for details.